New Horizons is a program for adults living with developmental disabilities and special needs ages 18 and up. The New Horizons program provides safe and supervised recreational outings in the community that offer social interaction, skill building, and life-long friendships. While participants are having fun, their full-time caregivers are provided with the “time-off” they need to better care for their loved ones.
The YMCA New Horizons Program Provides:
- Meaningful & constructive leisure activities for developmentally disabled adolescents & adults.
- Opportunities for fun, independence and normalization.
- Break time for parents/family/caregivers.
- A place to make new friends, experience new things, see new places, and have fun!
- Opportunities to develop social, motor, language, camping, travel, and group sharing skills.
New Horizons invites you to join CARE CONNECT! This FREE community group is for family and non-family caregivers, who provide care for an adult with an intellectual or developmental disability.
CARE CONNECT is a monthly gathering where caregivers build relationships, attend workshops led by professionals, share resources and referrals, provide mutual support, develop new coping strategies, and find comfort, strength and hope in a compassionate and safe environment.
2019 Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, September 17th
- Tuesday, October 15th
- Tuesday, November 19th
- Tuesday, December 17th
*Dates subject to change
Reasons to Join and Contribute to the Group
- Learn to accept help, ask for help, and acknowledge your
strengths as a caregiver.
- Be confident in knowing that you are not alone.
- Develop new friendships and get helpful information.
- Express your feelings to reduce caregiver stress.
For additional information, contact:
Lan Le, Program Director
(714) 508-7365 email@example.com
*Respite available upon request
You can become a volunteer at special events and help adults with developmental disabilities and special needs. Volunteers must be 21 years of age and older. For information, please contact Lan Le at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-508-7635.