New Horizons is a program for adults with developmental disabilities and special needs ages 18 and up. The New Horizons program provides safe and supervised recreational outings in the community that offers social interaction, skill-building, and life-long friendships. While participants are having fun, their full-time caregivers are provided with the “time-off” they need to better care for their loved ones.
Activities are available Tuesday – Saturday
Time: Please see calendar
Location: 13821 Newport Ave #150 Tustin, Ca 92780
Cost: Please see calendar
New Horizons Provides…
✓ Meaningful & constructive leisure activities for developmentally disabled adolescents & adults
✓ Opportunities for fun, independence, and normalization
✓ Break time for parents/family/caregivers
✓ A place to make new friends, experience new things, see new places and have fun
✓ Opportunities to develop social, motor, language, camping, travel, and group sharing skills
- Update the 2020 Liability wavier due to COVID-19 (at your first event)
- Upon arriving all participants will have a contactless temperature check and an overall health check.
- If you have a temperature over 100.4, you will be asked to return home.
- Any member exhibiting signs of illness will not be accepted during check-in and sent home.
- IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME.
- New Horizons still mandates that everyone, regardless of vaccination, wear a mask in the YMCA office and Vehicles.
- Participants will be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer as needed (or per staff instruction) in order to reduce the possible spread of COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided and gloves as needed.
This FREE community group is for family and non-family caregivers, who provide care for an adult with an intellectual or developmental disability. CARE CONNECT is a monthly gathering where caregivers build relationships, attend workshops led by professionals, share resources and referrals, provide mutual support, develop new coping strategies, and find comfort, strength, and hope in a compassionate and safe environment.
Reasons to Join and Contribute to the Group
- Learn to accept help, ask for help, and acknowledge your
strengths as a caregiver.
- Be confident in knowing that you are not alone.
- Develop new friendships and get helpful information.
- Express your feelings to reduce caregiver stress.
For additional information, contact:
Lan Le, Program Director
*Respite available upon request
You can become a volunteer at special events and help adults with developmental disabilities and special needs. Volunteers must be 21 years of age and older.
For information, please contact Lan Le at email@example.com or 714-508-7635.
Program Office Address
13821 Newport Ave #150
Tustin, CA 92780
Office Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 9 am – 4 pm