STOCKINGS FOR THE TROOPS
Join us in bringing holiday cheer to our military personnel serving stateside and overseas. With your help and support, the YMCA of Orange County will send hundreds of stuffed stockings filled with food and essential items to our military service people to enjoy during the holidays.
Drive Dates: October 10th-November 16th
Drop-off Locations: Health & Wellness Centers, Child Care Centers, YMCA Association Office
How it All Comes Together…
- Donations collected at all YMCAOC child care centers, health & wellness facilities, and the association office.
- Stocking Stuffing Parties: Staff and students sort donations and fill stockings.
- Stockings Shipped to Troops: Words of Comfort, Hope & Promise packs and ships all stockings overseas.
- Troops Receive Stockings: Our troops enjoy the holidays and a small taste of home.
- Candy canes
- Starbucks Via® coffees – our troops’ favorite!
- Peanut butter or cheese & crackers snack packs
- Cup of Noodles® or Easy Mac® macaroni & cheese
- Starkist® tuna & crackers snack packs
- Nature Valley® Sweet & Salty Peanut bars
- Gatorade Propel® dry powder packets for water bottles
- Cliff® Bars/Protein bars
Individual Snack Packs
- Assorted bags of nuts
- Dried fruits/raisins
- Cheez-Its® or Cracker Jacks
- Trail mix
- Sunflower seeds
- Beef jerky/Slim Jim
- Corn Nuts®
- Store-bought cookies
- Christmas stockings, 7” wide x 19” long
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Chewing gum
- Handwarmer packets
- Pocket or purse size package of baby wipes
- Letters and Christmas cards addressed to “Dear Armed Forces”