Camp is where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group, engaging in physical, social and educational activities.
Summer Camp at Camp E.L.K. has been cancelled due to the impact of Covid-19. For more details, please read this letter from camp director, Jim Emery.
Family Camp if for the whole family! This is an opportunity to everyone in the family to enjoy a weekend away to bond and connect with other families. 2020 Family Camp information coming soon!
Winter Camp gives kids the opportunity to spend their winter school break enjoying the great outdoors with friends and learning new things. 2020 Winter Camp information coming soon!
Camp E.L.K. is accustomed to hosting groups such as large family gatherings, outdoor education programs, church retreats, leadership retreats, work conferences, and youth groups like Boy Scouts and Adventure Guides. We are able to customize group experiences with different meal options and activities. We can host your next:
- Corporate Retreat
- Church Group
- Leadership Outing
- Work Conference
- Family Reunion
- Youth Group
- Science Camp
- School Field Trip
Camp offers a variety of traditional activities for our rental group guests, including:
- Nature Programs
- Arts & Crafts
- Team Building
- Gaga Ball
- Chapels & Campfire
- Scavenger Hunts
- Mountain Biking
- And more!
We also work with many local vendors who can provide services during your stay including photographers, horseback riding, zip line tours, rock wall rentals, and ski/tubing packages.
- Lodging for groups of 20-120
- Day and weekly rentals
- Staff-lead activities
- Heated cabins for winter usage
- Camp store
- Full service kitchen and dining hall
- Customized menus
Pacific Crest Trail Hikers (April 15th – May 15th)
Overnight accommodations include:
- Bunk bed in cabin
- Shower facilities
- Transportation to camp
- Continental breakfast
- Private cabins (additional charge)
- Ropes Course
- Rags & Leather Program
- Star Gazing
- Scavenger Hunt
- Mountain Biking
- Music in Nature
- Outdoor Cooking
- Primitive Skills & Survival
- Gaga Ball & Group Games
- Leadership & Character Education
- Health & Wellness
- Winter Activities (vary depending on conditions)
Your school can attend Camp E.L.K. for a time of exploration and discovery! Our trained, knowledgeable, and fun staff have created a unique mix of science activities to engage the minds of campers. Learn more.
- Meteorology & The Water Cycle
- Habitats & Adaptations
- Energy & Nature Conservation
Each science activity is based on the State Board of Education Science Framework. All YMCA Camp E.L.K. staff are trained professionals – dedicated and experienced in the work that they do.
Check out our flyer for more information.
At the YMCA, your child’s safety is our top priority and we have strict protocols in place to maintain a safe and secure environment. YMCA Camp E.L.K. is accredited by the American Camp Association. ACA camps meet over 300 standards for health, safety, staff, and program quality to ensure the best camper outcomes. Additionally, all camps participate in a Child Abuse Prevention Assessment every other year by Praesidium. If you would like to view our full screening and safety policy and procedures, you can inquire with our camp staff anytime and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Below are the key highlights of our safety protocol:
- Conducts criminal background checks (includes Department of Justice and FBI), sex offender registry checks and reference checks on all staff prior to hiring
- Conducts criminal background checks and sex offender registry checks on all volunteers
- Requires all staff and volunteers to complete training on recognizing and preventing abuse
- Prohibits staff and volunteers from being alone with a child where they cannot be observed by others
- Restricts staff contact with children outside of YMCA programs
- Educates parents on how to recognize and prevent abuse
- Reports any allegations or suspicions of abuse to law enforcement
Forms and Information
General Camp Documents
Family Camps, Winter Camps, and Rentals
Where is Camp E.L.K.?
YMCA Camp E.L.K. is located in the heart of the beautiful Angeles National Forest in California’s San Gabriel Mountains near Mountain High Ski Resort. Camp E.L.K. sits at an elevation of 5750 feet and is approximately 15 minutes from Wrightwood, CA.