ELEVATE YOURSELF at Camp E.L.K. this summer!
Join us in the Angeles National Forest for a week of adventure, fun outdoor activities, campfires, friendship, memories and more!
2023 Camp Dates & Details
8-17 (Entering 3rd-12th grades)
Session #1 – July 16-21, 2023
Session #2 – July 23-28, 2023
Session #3 – July 30-August 4, 2023
Cost includes 6 days/5 nights, 3 meals/day, Transportation, Camp T-shirt, Photo Yearbook, and all activities.
$100 nonrefundable deposit required to secure your child’s space.
Camp E.L.K. is more than just a Camp.
Our camp facility offers the perfect setting for weddings, company retreats,
team building activities and more!
We are able to customize group experiences with different meal options and activities.
We can host your next:
- Week-Long Summer Camp
- Church Retreat
- Youth Group
- Leadership Retreat
- School Field Trip
- Outdoor Science Camp
- Family Reunion
- Corporate/Work Retreat
Camp offers a variety of traditional activities for our rental group guests, including:
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Nature Hikes and Programs
- Arts & Crafts
- Star Gazing
- Team Building Activities
- Improv/Drama Activities
- GaGa Ball
- 9-Square In the Air
- Chapel & Campfire Amphitheaters
- Scavenger Hunts
We also work with many local vendors who can provide services during your stay including
photographers, zip line tours, and ski/tubing packages at Mountain High Resort.
- Lodging for groups of 30-130
- Day and weekly rentals
- Staff-lead activities
- Heated cabins for winter usage
- Full-service kitchen and dining hall
- Customized menus
- Exclusive Use Rental Available
More About Camp
Where is Camp E.L.K.?
YMCA Camp E.L.K. is located in the heart of the beautiful Angeles National Forest in California’s San Gabriel Mountains near Mountain High Ski Resort. Camp E.L.K. sits at an elevation of 5750 feet and is approximately 15 minutes from Wrightwood, CA.
At the YMCA, your child’s safety is our top priority and we have strict protocols in place to maintain a safe and secure environment. YMCA Camp E.L.K. is accredited by the American Camp Association. ACA camps meet over 300 standards for health, safety, staff, and program quality to ensure the best camper outcomes. Additionally, all camps participate in a Child Abuse Prevention Assessment every other year by Praesidium. If you would like to view our full screening and safety policy and procedures, you can inquire with our camp staff anytime and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Below are the key highlights of our safety protocol:
- Conducts criminal background checks (includes Department of Justice and FBI), sex offender registry checks and reference checks on all staff prior to hiring
- Conducts criminal background checks and sex offender registry checks on all volunteers
- Requires all staff and volunteers to complete training on recognizing and preventing abuse
- Prohibits staff and volunteers from being alone with a child where they cannot be observed by others
- Restricts staff contact with children outside of YMCA programs
- Educates parents on how to recognize and prevent abuse
- Reports any allegations or suspicions of abuse to law enforcement
- Health Center personnel on site 24 hours a day during YMCA overnight youth camps to dispense all medications and provide for all healthcare and first aid needs.
Forms and Information
General Camp Documents
Covid 19 Protocols & Guidelines
YMCA Financial Assistance
YMCA Financial Assistance Program – Espanol
Program Youth Camp FAQ
Summer Camp Packing List
Sample Schedule – Youth Camps