FOR ESSENTIAL SERVICES PROVIDERS
Announcement: The California Department of Education has changed the eligibility requirements for child care assistance making it possible for essential workers to apply for and receive help paying for child care. CHS Child Care Payment Programs provide subsidized child care to families in need. Families can apply for child care assistance online at www.chs-ca.org.
We are currently offering fee-based child care at YMCA locations throughout Orange County and Pomona Valley for essential services providers. Please see the list of available locations below. For companies/organizations in need of child care for your essential employees, please submit the company care inquiry form.
Early Learning Center
- Child Care service at YMCA locations is available Monday through Friday from 6:45am – 6:00pm.
- Cost per child is $60/day or $250/week.
- Financial assistance may be available. You can download the application here.
Health & Safety Information
- Our Child and Youth Development staff will have strict adherence to safety protocols, including intensified cleaning protocols and increased frequency of cleanings to ensure all door handles, surfaces, supplies, books and other areas are sanitized throughout the day and overnight.
- Staff will educate and supervise children of proper hygiene measures, including thorough and frequent hand-washing, covering coughs and sneezes and avoiding touching eyes, noses or mouths with unwashed hands.
- Parents or guardians will check in and pick up children outside child care rooms, confirm health statements prior to sign-in and other precautionary steps.
- Children exhibiting any signs of illness cannot be accepted.
- For everyone’s protection, any child who shows any sign of illness throughout the day will be separated and sent home immediately. We will continue to communicate with the Orange County Health Care Agency to ensure we have the most current information and if the situation arises that we need to close a site, we will act accordingly.
Please fill out the inquiry form below if you or your organization are in need of child care services.
If you are in need of child care services to support your family during this time, the YMCA of Orange County can help. We currently have 28 locations open throughout Orange County and Pomona Valley to support children infant to 12 years of age in a safe and supportive environment. Please complete the inquiry form below to be added to our wait list.
If you are a company in need of child care services to support your employees and continue business operations during this time, the YMCA of Orange County can help. Please complete the company care inquiry form below.