Refer your FRIEND(S) and Earn EXTRA MONEY!
HOW IT WORKS
|Incentive Category||Incentive Qualification|
|Upon Hire*||After 3 Months||After 6 Months|
|Child & Youth Development Positions||$100||$200||$200|
|All Y-Inclusion Positions||$100||$200||$200|
|All Other Open Positions||$100||$100|
*Upon hire means the first day worked.
Individual Social Media Contest
Begins 10/1/21 – Ends 12/15/21
Receive $25 to Target, Amazon, or Starbucks!
- Post an image and comment on your social page (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Snapchat) sharing information on our open jobs.
- Tag @ycareersoc in your Facebook or Instagram Post
- For Snapchat, you must post to your story and send a screenshot showing at least 50 views to HRrecruiter@ymcaoc.org.
- For Linked In a screenshot of the post must be submitted to HRrecruiter@ymcaoc.org.
- Receive a prize the same week!
- Only one prize per week, per person.
- Only posts that properly tag and follow the above directions will be qualified to receive a prize.
- Images and content must be appropriate and align with the YMCA brand.
- There are images below you can download and use below or create your own.
CYD Site or Branch Program Contest
Begins 10/1/21 – Ends 12/15/21
2 CHANCES TO WIN
CONTEST #1 – WIN $1,000
The CYD Site or Branch Program that makes the most referral who are hired will
win $1,000 for their location.
CONTEST #2 – WIN $250
The CYD Site or Branch Program that has the most verified social media posts will
win $250 for their location.
- For a new hire to be connected to your team, the applicant must add your name as the one who referred them.
- A new hire is not counted until they have cleared and been onboarded successfully.
- Contest is not retroactive, any referrals prior to 10/1/21 do not count towards this contest
Contest 2: Individual Social media contest guidelines apply.
Valid: Now – December 15, 2021
UPCOMING JOB FAIRS
Check back for details!
“GET STARTED” TOOLKIT
To help you spread the word, we have created below a quick guide with materials for your use. The tool kit includes:
1. Ideas for where you can spread the word. Ideas include:
- Community Events (i.e Farmers Markets, Fairs, etc.)
- Gym/Fitness Center
- Kids Sporting Events and/or Activities
- Large Events (Baseball games, soccer games, concerts, etc.)
- Out to Eat
- If you meet someone and think “wow, they are impressive” or wow, I’d really like to work with them” then give them your card.
2. Referral Card! Use this card to pass out those you refer. Add your name and have them bring it to their interview. This will allow you to receive credit for your referral! Please see your supervisor for the cards.
3. Photos to use for social posts. Feel free to use the images below or some of your own. But please remember do not share any photos of any other staff or student without a signed waiver. To download the images below, right-click on the photo and save.
4. Sample social posts:
a. Know anyone looking for a job? The YMCA is hiring teachers! We are looking for part-time and full-time staff. The Y is a great company. I have worked here for X years and love it! It is rewarding and has great benefits. Message me if you want to know more or go to ymcaoc.org/careers.
b. Work with me! Just think you can make money, work with me, be outdoors, go on field trips, meet some cool kids, and know you’re helping others! Apply at ymcaoc.org/careers.
c. Sharing is caring! Spread the word the YMCA is hiring. Full-time or part-time, they have options. PLUS…you would get to work with me. Check it out at ymcaoc.org/careers.
5. YMCA Social handles: Be sure to tag us!
• Instagram: @ymcaoc
• Facebook: @ymcaoc
• LinkedIn: @YMCA of Orange County
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
- Human Resources staff are not eligible for participation in the incentive program.
- Both the employee making the referral and the employee hired as a result of the referral must be employed at the time the incremental payments are made.
- The employee referring a candidate is to:
- Instruct the candidate to indicate the employee’s name in the Application for Employment in response to the question, “How were you referred to the YMCA of Orange County?”
- Submit the Employee Referral Incentive Form to the Branch Executive Director/Department Head for approval within 2 weeks of the date of completion of the Form.
- Complete and submit the Employee Referral Incentive Form within 90 days of the hire date to HR.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals a particular employee may make or the number of incentives paid to an employee.
- You cannot refer an employee who has already worked for the YMCA of Orange County and is considered a rehire.
Human Resources staff are not eligible for participation in the incentive program. During the contest dates above staff with direct hiring responsibilities (directors and coordinators) are eligible to refer.