Enhanced Referral Incentive
Valid July 26th – September 30th
Refer your FRIEND(S) and Earn EXTRA MONEY!
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: Refer a friend and complete the Employee Referral Form
Step 2: Friend is hired and you receive the first incentive
Step 3: Friend remains employed and you receive second incentive after 3 months.
Step 4: Friend remains employed and you receive the third incentive after 6 months.
“GET STARTED” TOOLKIT
To help you spread the word, we have created below a quick guide with materials for your use. The tool kit includes:
1. Places to spread the word:
- Community Events (i.e Farmers Markets, Fairs, etc.)
- Gym/Fitness Center
- Kids Sporting Events and/or Activities
- Large Events (Baseball games, soccer games, concerts, etc.)
- Out to Eat
- If you meet someone and think “wow, they are impressive” or wow, I’d really like to work with them” then give them your card.
2. Referral Card! Use this card to pass out those you refer. Add your name and have them bring it to their interview. This will allow you to receive credit for your referral! Please see your supervisor for the cards. You can PRINT THE CARD HERE.
3. Photos to use for social posts. Feel free to use the images below or some of your own. But please remember do not share any photos of any other staff or student without a signed waiver. To download the images below, right-click on the photo and save.
4. Sample social posts:
a. Know anyone looking for a job? The YMCA is hiring! We are looking for part-time and full-time staff. The Y is a great company. I have worked here for X years and love it! It is rewarding and has great benefits. Message me if you want to know more or go to ymcaoc.org/careers.
b. Work with me! Just think you can make money, work with me, be outdoors, go on field trips, meet some cool kids, and know you’re helping others! Apply at ymcaoc.org/careers.
c. Sharing is caring! Spread the word the YMCA is hiring. Full-time or part-time, they have options. PLUS…you would get to work with me. Check it out at ymcaoc.org/careers.
5. YMCA Social handles: Be sure to tag us!
• Instagram: @ymcaoc
• Facebook: @ymcaoc
• LinkedIn: @YMCA of Orange County
- Human Resources staff are not eligible for participation in the incentive program.
- Both the employee making the referral and the employee hired as a result of the referral must be employed at the time the incremental payments are made.
- The employee referring a candidate is to:
- Instruct the candidate to indicate the employee’s name in the Application for Employment in response to the question, “How were you referred to the YMCA of Orange County?”
- Submit the Employee Referral Incentive Form to the Branch Executive Director/Department Head for approval within 2 weeks of the date of completion of the Form.
- Complete and submit the Employee Referral Incentive Form within 90 days of the hire date to HR.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals a particular employee may make or the number of incentives paid to an employee.
- You cannot refer an employee who has already worked for the YMCA of Orange County and is considered a rehire.
Human Resources staff are not eligible for participation in the incentive program. During the contest dates above staff with direct hiring responsibilities (directors and coordinators) are eligible to refer.